Vectorman is a side-scrolling action game for the Sega Genesis console. In this game, you play online as VM, a robot tasked with saving Earth from a group of mutant insects. The game features stunning graphics, fast-paced gameplay, and a variety of unique abilities and power-ups. With a focus on shooting and platforming, Vector Hero offers a thrilling and challenging experience for players of all skill levels.
Vectorman – Playthrough online
The characters of Vectorman and their abilities
Here is the description of the characters and their abilities in Vector Hero:
- Vector Hero: The main character of the game, a robotic orb that can transform into various forms, including a drill, a bomb, and a jetpack. He is equipped with a gun that shoots energy blasts.
- Orbots: Small robotic creatures that assist Geometric Guardian in his mission. There are several types of Orbots, including the Shield Orbots, which provide VM with temporary invincibility, and the Cannon Orbots, which attach to Vectorman’s gun and increase its firepower.
- Minibosses: These are powerful enemies that VM encounters throughout the game. They have unique abilities and must be defeated in order to progress to the next level.
- Bosses: These are the main enemies that Vectorman must defeat in order to complete the game. They are large, powerful creatures with multiple forms and attacks, and require skill and strategy to defeat.
With these unique abilities and characters, Shape Shifter is an action-packed game that keeps players engaged and on their toes.
Bonuses and Items
Some of the bonuses and items you can collect in Vectorman include:
- Orbs: These are the main collectibles in the game and are used to purchase power-ups at the end of each level.
- Power-ups: These include shields, bombs, and rapid fire weapons to help you defeat enemies.
- Extra lives: Collecting these will give you an additional life.
- Special abilities: These can be obtained by collecting power-ups and allow you to perform special attacks like a ground pound or a homing shot.
Be sure to explore each level thoroughly to find all of the bonuses and items!
Vectorman game recommendations
- Pay attention to the trajectory of your shots and the timing of your jumps.
- Collect power-ups and bonuses to improve your chances of success.
- Explore each level thoroughly to find hidden items and secrets.
- Try out different weapon combinations to find the best one for each situation.
- Watch out for environmental hazards, such as spikes and pits.
Enemies and bosses
Here is a brief overview of the enemies and bosses in the game Vectorman:
- Minelayer: drops mines that explode on impact
- Rotor: fires missiles
- Spinner: flies and drops bombs
- Boomerang: throws boomerangs
- Grunt: basic enemy that walks and shoots
- Mutant Plant: fires projectiles and drops bombs
- Warhead: shoots missiles and has a laser beam attack
- Toxic Dump: releases poisonous gas and has a slamming attack
- Orbital Defense System: flies around and shoots lasers
- Dark Force Ball: spawns various enemies and shoots lasers
Overall, the game has a variety of enemies and bosses that require different strategies to defeat.
Vectorman strengths and weaknesses
- Stunning graphics and animation for its time
- Unique and interesting main character design
- Fun and challenging gameplay
- Diverse levels with different environments
- Occasional difficulty spikes can be frustrating
- Some repetitive enemies and level elements
Vectorman is a classic platformer with smooth controls, impressive visuals, and a unique setting. While the game can be challenging, the satisfying gameplay and fun power-ups keep players engaged. However, the repetitive enemy designs and lack of variety in the environments can make the game feel monotonous after a while. Overall, Vector Hero is a must-play online for fans of the genre, but may not be for everyone.
How long to beat Vectorman?
The average time to beat Vector Hero is around 1-2 hours, depending on the player's skill and familiarity with the game.
How many levels are in Vectorman?
Shape Shifter consists of a total of 16 levels or stages that players must progress through to complete the game.
How to beat the first level of Vector Hero?
To beat the first level ofGeometric Guardian, players need to navigate through the level, defeat enemies, and overcome obstacles. Each level has its own unique challenges and strategies.
How to unlock Vector Hero 2?
To unlock Vectorman 2, players typically need to complete the original VM game. Some versions of Vectorman may have different unlock requirements or options.
What color was Sega's Vectorman?
Sega's Geometric Guardian character is predominantly green in color. He is depicted as a robotic hero with a humanoid appearance.
What happened to Shape Shifter?
After the release of Vectorman and its sequel, Vectorman 2, the series did not see any further sequels or mainline entries. The character and franchise gradually faded into obscurity.
Who developed Vector Hero?
Geometric Guardian was developed by BlueSky Software, an American video game developer. The studio was known for creating various games for Sega platforms during the 1990s.
Are there cheat codes available for Vectorman?
There may be cheat codes available for VM on Sega Genesis. These codes can provide various benefits, such as extra lives, power-ups, or unlocking additional content. The specific cheat codes may vary.
Can I play Vectorman online?
The original Sega Genesis version of Shape Shifter does not support online play. It is designed as a single-player game for offline enjoyment.
Is Vector Hero A Difficult Game?
Geometric Guardian can be challenging, especially in later levels and boss battles. It requires precise platforming skills, quick reflexes, and strategic use of power-ups. However, with practice and persistence, players can overcome its challenges.