Comix Zone is a unique action-adventure game where players control Sketch Turner, a comic book artist who is pulled into the world of his own creation. With its stunning art style and innovative gameplay, Zone stands out as one of the most creative and memorable games of the 16-bit era. The game’s blend of classic beat ’em up action and comic book aesthetics make it a must-play for fans of the genre and comic book enthusiasts alike.
Comix Zone – Playthrough online
The characters of Comix Zone and their abilities
In Comix, you play as Sketch Turner, a comic book artist who gets transported into his own creation. Here are the characters and their abilities:
- Sketch Turner: The main protagonist, who wields his trusty pencil as a weapon and can perform various acrobatic moves.
- Roadkill: Sketch’s pet rat, who can help him access hidden areas and items.
- General Alissa Cyan: An ally of Sketch, who provides him with information and guidance throughout the game.
- Mortus: The primary antagonist, who possesses the power to bring his comic book creations to life.
Note: There are no other playable characters in the game.
Bonuses and Items
In Comix, players can find various items and bonuses throughout the levels. Here are some examples:
- Health packs: restore a portion of the player’s health.
- Extra lives: grant an additional chance to continue playing online.
- Weapon upgrades: improve the power of the player’s attack.
- “Comix Cards”: collectible items that can be traded in for bonus points at the end of a level.
- Hidden areas: can contain any of the above items, as well as secret areas with extra points or collectibles.
Players must explore each level thoroughly to find all of the available bonuses and items.
Comix Zone game recommendations
Some recommendations for playing Comix online:
- Take your time to explore each panel and search for hidden areas.
- Use your special attacks wisely, as they consume energy.
- Try to collect as many items as possible to boost your health and energy.
- Pay attention to the sound effects, as they can provide hints about hidden items or enemies.
- Master the counter-attack move to deal maximum damage to enemies.
- Be prepared for tough boss battles and don’t hesitate to use your special attacks.
Enemies and bosses
In Comics Territory, the player faces a variety of enemies and bosses, each with unique abilities and strategies. Here are some notable examples:
- Street Thugs: Basic enemies that attack with punches and kicks.
- Rats: Small creatures that crawl on walls and ceilings, dropping down to attack.
- Ninjas: Fast enemies that can perform acrobatic maneuvers and throw shurikens.
- Mutants: Large, powerful enemies with tough skin and devastating attacks.
- Ghosts: Intangible enemies that can move through walls and objects.
- Sketch Turner: A corrupted version of the game’s protagonist, who attacks with the same abilities as the player.
- Cyclops: A massive, one-eyed monster that attacks with lasers and a devastating ground pound.
- Deathblade: A skilled swordsman who can teleport and perform powerful sword strikes.
- The Mutant Queen: A large insectoid creature that can spawn smaller enemies and shoot acidic projectiles.
- Mortus: The game’s final boss, a powerful sorcerer who can summon deadly magic and unleash devastating attacks.
Players must learn the patterns and weaknesses of each enemy and boss to overcome them and progress through the game.
Comix Zone strengths and weaknesses
- Innovative comic book-style presentation
- Engaging gameplay with a unique twist on the beat ’em up genre
- Well-designed levels with plenty of secrets to discover
- Great soundtrack that complements the game’s atmosphere
- Can be frustratingly difficult at times
- Short length may leave some players wanting more
- Limited variety of enemies and bosses
- Some players may find the controls to be unresponsive or clunky
Comix is a unique and entertaining game that successfully combines a comic book aesthetic with action-packed gameplay. Although it has some challenging difficulty spikes, the innovative level design and engaging story make it a memorable experience. Overall, it’s a must-play for fans of the beat ’em up and platformer genres.
Comix Zone FAQs
How to beat Comics Territory?
To beat Comics Territory, players need to navigate through the different panels of the comic book world, defeat enemies, solve puzzles, and reach the end of each level. Each level has its own challenges and strategies for progression.
Does Comix require a 6-button controller?
Comix Zone can be played with either a 3-button or 6-button controller. The game's controls are designed to work with both types of controllers.
How do you block in Comix Zone?
There is no dedicated block button in Comics Territory. Players need to rely on evading enemy attacks, using special moves strategically, and timing their own attacks to avoid damage.
How long to beat Comic Battle?
The average playtime to beat Comic Battle is around 1-2 hours, depending on the player's skill level and familiarity with the game.
How many levels in Comix Zone?
Comix consists of a total of six levels or episodes that players must progress through to complete the game.
How to change Comics Territory from 6 to 3 buttons?
Comix Zone can be played with either a 3-button or 6-button controller by default. There is no need to change any settings or options to switch between the two controller types.
How to grab in Comix?
To perform a grab move in Comic Battle, players need to be close to an enemy and press the attack button while also holding a specific directional input, depending on the desired grab move.
How to play Comix Zone?
To play Comix, insert the game cartridge into the Sega Genesis console, power on the system, and use the controller to navigate through the comic book panels, defeat enemies, and progress through the levels.
How to use items in Comic Battle?
Items in Comics Territory are automatically used when picked up. Players do not need to perform any specific actions to utilize items; they provide immediate benefits or power-ups to the player character.
Why is Comix Zone so short?
Comic Battle is considered a relatively short game due to its concise and focused design. The game's concept revolves around the concept of a comic book, and it aims to provide a concentrated and intense experience within a limited number of levels.